MaineHealth Portland, ME, Full Time or Part Time – Day Shift
Are you a Clinical Psychologist looking to join a supportive healthcare environment?
Are you ready to work with a team of health professionals that put compassionate patient care above all else?
In 2022, MaineHealth was recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes magazine because we put our care teams first: we believe that building the best, most qualified teams and investing in our staff is just as important as the quality patient care that MaineHealth is known for across the Northeast. MaineHealth Portland, ME is looking for a Clinical Psychologist in Pediatric Specialty Care to join our team of dedicated mental health professionals.
This is a doctoral level position providing psychological assessments, consultations, and limited treatment, as indicated, as well as providing teaching to residents, medical students or others as directed by the division Director. The setting is an active and expanding Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics program, which is part of a multi specialty pediatric group practice at the largest medical center in the state. The patient mix includes children from infancy through adolescence with Autism Spectrum Disorders, ADHD, developmental and/or cognitive delays, learning disorders, mood and anxiety disorders, behavior problems, sleep disorders, encopresis, and other neurodevelopmental concerns.
This is a full time position with the potential for part-time employment if desired.
- Education: Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology or related field from an APA/CPA accredited university.
- License/Certifications: Licensed or license eligible as a Psychologist by the State of Maine. Current BLS.
- Experience: Prior experience working with pediatric patients at risk and/or diagnosed with neurodevelopmental disabilities. Training and experience in administering/scoring/interpreting cognitive, developmental, and psychodiagnostics assessment instruments including the ADOS-2. Specialized training/experience with assessment and treatment planning related to Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Knowledge of diagnosis and treatment of mental health disorders. Advanced study of mental health assessment practices, regulations, and laws relating to clinical psychology practice.
- Understanding of principles of legal documentation and medical release of information.
- Knowledge of psychological test administration, scoring and interpretation.
- Knowledge of community mental health service delivery systems and other resources.
- Knowledge and skill in psychological and behavioral interventions.
- Skill in working with children with neurodevelopmental disabilities including Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Ability to work sensitively with variety of personalities.
- ·Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with families, colleagues (e.g. physicians, psychologists, social workers, and other team members), community agencies, etc.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://www.careersatmainehealth.org/jobs/1217925-clinical-psychologist-pediatric-specialty-care
About MaineHealth: MaineHealth was ranked a Best-In-State Employer in 2021 and one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes!
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, “Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America.” MaineHealth consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral health care network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed clinicians working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 care team members, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire. Learn more about our system at mainehealth.org
At MaineHealth, we offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our packages include health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but every changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the well-being of our communities and care team members. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Join us, and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to a new level.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.