Riverview Psychiatric Center (RPC) is seeking a full-time Clinical Psychologist III to provide a full range of psychological services within an adult inpatient setting, including group and individual psychotherapy, psychological testing, treatment program development, and staff consultation.
- Ph. D. or PSY.D in clinical or counselling psychology from an A.P.A. accredited doctoral program, or its equivalent, and must be license eligible as a psychologist in the State of Maine (a postdoctoral fellowship is a requirement to obtain a Maine State Psychologist License).
- Two (2) years of experience as a clinical psychologist, including one (1) one year of which may have been an internship. Preference will be given to applicants who have experience working with patients with severe personality disorders and / or forensic treatment settings.
- Work well in a team and be enthusiastic and dedicated to providing compassionate care
RPC is located on the majestic Kennebec River in Maine's capital city, Augusta. This community and surrounding communities offer top notch schools, safe neighborhoods, four-seasons of outdoor recreation, a municipal airport with direct flights to Boston, and real estate options to fit anyone's needs. We are situated close to all of Maine's wonders including the mountains for famed skiing to our rocky coast, and only an hour from Portland, named one of America’s best places to live by U.S. News & World Report.
Who we are:
Riverview Psychiatric Center, in collaboration with the community, is a center for best practice, treatment, education and research, for individuals with serious, persistent mental illness, and co-occurring substance use disorders. We hold accreditation's by CMS and the Joint Commission.
We have a burgeoning collaboration with national and international experts in psychiatry, support a growing and wide variety of teaching and training programs, and have a collegial, supportive medical staff and hospital administration.
This is an opportunity to join a group of highly motivated skilled professionals who are devoted to providing state-of-the-art mental health care utilizing a Recovery Model of treatment. Our relatively smaller organization offers the unique opportunity to make a profound difference in the lives of the patients we serve while supporting an easily achievable work / life balance. From meetings to mountains - enjoying a small town feel without sacrificing the essential urban perks.
State of Maine Benefits:
- Competitive Salaries
- Promotional Opportunities
- Sick Time - Average 8 hrs. Accrued Monthly
- Vacation Time - Average 10 hrs. Accrued Monthly
- 13 Paid Holidays a Calendar Year
- Longevity Pay
- Excellent Benefit Packages for Health, Vision, Dental, and Retirement
- Education Leave, i.e. leave for job related conference
- Discounted Gym Membership
- And More
CLICK HERE TO APPLY